Scott received his formal coach training from the University of Texas (Accredited Coach Training Program, or ACTP). Scott is certified (at the ACC level) by the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
Prior to becoming a coach, Scott’s executive and leadership experience includes strategic communications and global marketing in the technology and energy sectors (Siemens); management consulting in change management (Booz Allen and multiple U.S. national security agencies); U.S. government policymaking (the White House and U.S. Department of Defense), grassroots organizing (national presidential campaigns); and higher education and leadership training (University of Maryland and the RAND Corp). He has an MPhil (Masters) from Oxford University and a BA from Emory University.
A few more details about Scott:
- Throughout his career, he has provided his expertise and counsel directly to corporate CEOs and senior political and U.S. government officials.
- He has managed large transformations in both the private and public sectors.
- He is privileged to have been a speechwriter for the President of the United States, the Vice President, U.S. Secretary of Defense, the heads of several intelligence agencies, and a few corporate CEOs.
- He has produced independent feature films that premiered at the Sundance and Tribeca Film Festivals.
- He is a proud husband and dad to active-duty U.S. Marines.
- As a volunteer financial counselor, Scotts help younger U.S. military service members manage their personal and family finances.
- He is an avid scuba diver, mountain climber, and adventure traveler.
- When possible, he goes overseas to provide onsite support for causes in which he cares deeply, such as wildlife conservation and refugee resettlement.
- Scott is a global coach, having lived, studied and worked in many countries and cultures – across Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa.